Frequently asked questions
A spinal misalignment is when a vertebra is not in its correct place, this can irritate the surrounding spinal nerves, joints and muscles.
Chiropractors are specialist in correcting misalignments using low force adjustments to restore normal movement and function to the joint.
The sooner you start treatment, the quicker, easier and cheaper it is to get the result we are both looking for.
Sometimes your body is able to deal with minor spinal misalignments on its own, with rest or exercise. However, if you get past the point where your body can cope, Chiropractic treatment is often the best way to help your body move forwards.
The main factors that determine the rate of recovery are:
· Your age
· The amount of time the problem has been there for
· How many problems you have and their severity
· What you are doing to help/aggravate the situation
After your initial consultation, we will be able to give you a better indication as to what and how long it will take to get your health back.
Our goal is to restore you to full health. We will offer tools and strategies to strengthen the area and prevent recurrence. However, life is a full contact sport and we are here to help when things go wrong, or to prevent them from going wrong if you prefer.
No, your Chiropractor can treat a range of nerve, muscle and joint related problems.
Below is a list of the types of conditions chiropractors treats regularly:
· Back and neck pain
· Shoulder, arm, elbow, wrist and hand problems
· Sports injuries
· Carpal tunnel
· Whiplash injuries
· Intervertebral disk injuries
Keeping You Safe
During treatment, our chiropractors will wear
- Mouth masks
- The contact areas of our treatment rooms will be cleaned thoroughly after each visit
- We will adhere to the social distancing policy in waiting areas and at the main desk
- We will also provide hand sanitizer and face masks where possible.
- We will not treat patients who have compromised immune systems, nor who have experienced any of the COVID 19 symptoms within 7 days prior to treatment
- We will not be able to treat anyone who has had contact in the last 14 days with anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID 19.
- We ask for our patients to complete the “Corona Virus Self-declaration form”
- We ask our patients to disinfect their hands on entering our premises.
- We ask our patients not to bring in additional travel companions into our premises unless absolutely necessary